Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Fast and the Furious


For a bit of light, brainless entertainment I saw The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift last night - and it wasn't bad at all. OK, so I'm the last person anyone would accuse of being a rev-head but the first two movies were awesome. Sadly, Tokyo Drift doesn't fall in that category but it was nonetheless a bit of fun.
For an extra 70 cents we were upgraded to Silverscreen, which I had never been to before, and if you get the chance I'd say go for it. Only, don't get a seat too far up the back because it feels like you're miles from the screen. But the reclining chairs and more exotic food and drink available made it a great experience.
As for the movie, it lacked the charisma of its predeccesors but the race scenes were pretty out there, such is the craze of drifting so I'm told.
The lead character Sean (played by Lucas Black) had a very thick southern accent and it took a while to get used to. The original characters Brian (Paul Walker) and Dom (Vin Diesel) were so much more interesting and that was what I missed. (Although Vin Diesel does make a great cameo in Tokyo Drift, illustrating just what was missing).
Having said all that I had a great time. And that's what going to the movies is all about.

No comments: