Saturday, June 03, 2006

Breakfast At Tiffany's

It may come as a surprise to some but until this week I had never seen the 1961 classic `Breakfast At Tiffany's', starring Audrey Hepburn of course. Man how romantic comedies have changed. I didn't really know what to expect and was happy to discover it was in colour. Overall I enjoyed it, although I found Holly Golightly to be a very shallow character. If you haven't seen it, it's worth a look and does give most of today's rom-com's a run for their money.

2 comments:

Craig Schwarze said...

It's on my list...

Ruth said...

I was really disappointed when I saw it, because people had built it up so much. I worry it's one of those 'profound' movies that I didn't quite understand - although I do like the cat bit.

The two main characters really irritate me....I own a copy, maybe I should watch it again, to see if I have changed my mind about it!