Saturday, June 24, 2006

13 Songs: Lift


Man did `Lift' come a long at a time when I really needed one.
Released late last year, the title track to Shannon Noll's second CD really struck a chord with me with its uplifting message of perseverence and of moving on.

``You've got to lift yourself up above all the hurt don't give in
``Wipe your eyes and remember you're better than this
``Let them know that they took their best shot and they missed, come on and lift
``Cos I know how hard it can get but you've gotta lift, you've gotta lift.
``And sometimes that's how it is but I know you're stronger
``Stronger than this. You've gotta lift.''

This isn't the greatest song of all time or anything like that but it really does give me a lift. When I was listening to it in the car on the way to work today it gave me a boost when I needed one.
The Lift CD is really a big improvement on his rushed debut which still contained the wonderful `What About Me', `Learn To Fly' and `Wise'.
I only ever voted once in Australian Idol and it was for Shannon Noll in the final. He didn't win but history has proven that the winner doesn't always do the best.

No comments: