Thursday, June 22, 2006

13 Songs: Everything


If this song, `Everything', isn't powerful praise to God then I haven't heard it. This song moves me everytime I hear it and I can't hear it enough. Jason Wade, take a bow this is six minutes you'll never regret spending with a CD player.
Lifehouse are of course best known for their hit `Hanging By A Moment' of about six years ago but that song, as good as it is, is nowhere near their best song.
That title goes to `Everything' and by a country mile. I remember the first time I heard it after buying the CD and initially I thought it was a nice song until at around 3 minutes 40 seconds the song exploded. Then you look deeper.
Here's some lyrics, I'd love to put the whole song here but it would be too long.
``Find me here, speak to me. I want to feel you, I need to hear you
``You are the light, that's leading me. To the place, where I find peace again
``You are the strength, that keeps me walking. You are the hope, that keeps me trusting
``You are the life, into my soul. You are my purpose, you are everything
``And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you.
``Would you tell me how could it be any better than this...''
I've been fortunate enough to see Lifehouse once in concert in 2001 but they only had a seven song set and played five from their second CD and only Hanging and `Sick Cycle Carousel' from their first. The third CD, which has been largely ignored here, contains the awesome `Come Back Down', my second favourite Lifehouse track and the single `You And Me'.

No comments: