Thursday, August 31, 2006

Waiting On The World To Change

I'm extremely excited about the new John Mayer CD `Continuum' although I'm not sure we have a release date here yet. In the States it's due out in 11 days.
I checked out the video to the single `Waiting on The World To Change' which shows a new look and a hint of a new sound. Perhaps a slight leaning to the jazz stylings of the Try! live CD of last year, which I didn't particularly like although I admit to only listening to it once.
Apparently the new song relates to young people's attitudes to politics.
Some comments below from John Mayer's website regarding the new album and, interestingly, it's place alongside Room For Squares and Heavier Things: "With any trilogy," says John Mayer, "the third in the series blows it open."
Mayer points to one song in particular as the turning point for Continuum. "I wrote 'Gravity' last summer, and it changed everything," he says. "You talk less when you trust that people understand you. 'Gravity' had to be sparse. And when I listened to it - for the first time, holding back - then it was a whole new game. That might be the most important song I ever wrote."
Bring it on.

1 comment:

Ray said...

September 9, 2006, is the big day. Expect a full review soon. I can't get Waiting On The World To Change out of my head!!!