Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The One Hundredth

Well, this is my 100th post - woo-hoo!
Anyway I thought I'd use it to update what happened with my acupuncture yesterday. It was certainly different to the first time (I went to a new place). I had a needle between my eyes, which was weird, and several on my legs as well as one on each hand and a couple around the stomach area.
It might well be another day before I notice any difference although I do feel like I slept a bit better last night than previously. I've been looking into some Chinese Herbs as a treatment and have been recommended Jun Zi Tang as a good start point. Apparently my Qi is out of whack and I have a Phlegm obstruction causing some of my ailments as it were.
The good thing about all this is that unlike the first acupuncturist I went to the lady asked me about what the problem was, checked me out (including looking at the tongue which told her I don't sleep well) before suggesting a way forward.
I've been assured that the herbs won't clash with the other meds I take, but I'm thinking of double checking with my doctor before trying them.

5 comments:

Brant W. Fowler said...

Congrats on the 100th post! And man, you are braver than I. There's no way I'd let some stranger poke me with a bunch of needles! :)

Ray said...

It's not as bad as it sounds, you hardly feel it at all!

Ruth said...

Congratulations on the 100th post. Keep up the good writing. I enjoy reading your blog Ray.

Giraffe Pen said...

Congrats :)

Craig Schwarze said...

Hope the accupuncture works.