Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Anatomy for beginners

Last night I stayed up to watch a show on SBS called `Anatomy For Beginners'.
Of particular interest was the topic of digestion, which as many of you know is an important topic for me. Perhaps it wasn't the best thing to do.
It's a very much hands on show, with a doctor (who sounds slightly crazy) literally cutting up bodies to show you how the body works.
On one hand it's fascinating but on the other it was unpleasant. And it wasn't really covering the topics that I thought it might. If you've got a morbid fascination with corpses being dissected then I'd recommend this series. But I don't think I'll be watching again.
The Discovery Health channel had quite a good show on the digestive system which I saw a while back. It wasn't so graphic but it was more informative.

No comments: