Saturday, August 26, 2006

Melbourne Cup Challenge

As a racing nerd it's great to see a computer (or in my case console) game coming out that features Australian racing.
Melbourne Cup Challenge is being released soon and I have been in some contact with the developers about it. Hopefully it is a better game and more playable and interactive than the G1 Jockey series and the Gallop Racer series. G1 Jockey (the original) is the game I play the most at home. Despite its shortcomings it is far superior to the others because the others spend more time trying to look awesome while the playablility suffers.
I can't wait to play (and hopefully preview) the new game soon. Apparently it will feature races from all over the world to compete in and as this screen shot shows, it includes Australian racing, in this case Caulfield in Melbourne.
There is a high bar here as far as I'm concerned so I hope they get it right.

No comments: