Saturday, August 19, 2006

See The Morning


Awesome news for fans of top class Christian music is the release next month of Chris Tomlin's new CD `See The Morning'.
I only discovered Chris Tomlin last year when FM103.2 kept playing his song Indescribable and I just had to find out who was singing. I immediately bought the Arriving CD that contained it and play songs from it at least once a week to this day.
It's hard to get much of a guide as to how good the new album is going to be but from the samples on his website I'm sure it will be up to his usual standard.
On that wesite, Tomlin says his aim for the CD is to be ``a record of hope''. ``No matter how dark it gets, the morning will come. And the morning often brings freshness, hope and clarity,'' he says.
The first radio single is a song called `Made To Worship' but my attention was immediately drawn to the song `Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)', which is a reworking of the absolute classic hymn. According to the website, Tomlin was apparently reluctant to `mess with the most recognised hymn ever', so it will be very interesting.
Personally, I find Chris Tomlin to be the benchmark for praise and worship music, closely followed by Jeremy Camp, who also produces some excellent P&W as well as Christian pop-rock. I don't see their songs being sung much in churches, certainly in Australia, and that's a shame.

2 comments:

Stuart B said...

You know, I've just never been able to get into most Christian artists. Jeremy Camp in particular...his voice just grates on me. Good songwriter though.

On the secular side, you hear the new Muse album yet?

Ray said...

I've heard their latest song and it's ok. Christian artists can be hit and miss and it very much depends on what style of music you like.