Monday, August 21, 2006

Homer and God


Thanks to JSmiddy, I got thinking about some classic quotes from HS about God. Why is it that all the religious references in The Simpsons are the funniest?

Dear Lord: The gods have been good to me. For the first time in my life, everything is absolutely perfect just the way it is. So here's the deal: You freeze everything the way it is, and I won't ask for anything more. If that is OK, please give me absolutely no sign. (pause) OK, deal. In gratitude, I present you this offering of cookies and milk. If you want me to eat them for you, give me no sign. (pause) Thy will be done.

I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!

I've come to hate my own creation! Now I know how God feels!

Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls' sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such.

The lesson is: Our God is vengeful! (shouting to Heaven) Oh spiteful one, show me who to smite and they shall be smoten.

I'm not a bad guy! I work hard, and I love my kids. So why should I spend half my Sunday hearing about how I'm going to Hell?

God appeared before me in a dream and I knew that was special because I usually dream about naked....Marge.

(and thanks to Joe): Bart: Wow, God is so in your face!
Homer: Yeah, he's my favourite fictional character.

No comments: