Sunday, August 13, 2006

Four Brothers

It should have been a good film but somehow it wasn't.
After having high hopes for the movie Four Brothers, directed by John Singleton and starring Mark Wahlberg, I was quite disappointed to be let down. I selected it to watch with a friend (in hindsight we should have gone with Wedding Crashers) based on what I'd heard about it.
What unfolded was entirely predictable and cliched.
The film is about four foster brothers who are reunited after their mother is murdered and they decided to find who did it and sort them out. Fair enough.
It was just the way they did it that, well sucked. You knew exactly what was going to happen next or you weren't surprised by what happened. It's a shame because it was a good story just poorly executed (pardon the pun).
And that's one of the biggest crimes against film that there is.

4 comments:

Craig Schwarze said...

I like Wahlberg, he was great in I [heart] Huckabees. Sorry the film was no good...

Craig Schwarze said...

lol - glad you are still a fan!

He looked pretty terrible though, didn't he? Some of those shots without his shirt on, woah...

Ray said...

Glad you got through it, I wasn't sure. When you see the shot of him before he dropped 30kg it makes the effort even more amazing.

Rossy said...

I should've lent you my dodgy copy from Thailand. I agree, it was very average indeed.