Sunday, July 02, 2006

Time of worry

I've been thrust unexpectedly into a time of intense worry. In short, I'm concerned that a relapse is about to happen.
I've always been afraid of it but they were largely irrational fears based on little evidence. This time it feels slightly different. It could still be just a scare but the next 24 hours will probably tell me whether or not it is. Without going into the gory details I noticed something this morning that shouldn't be there, some redness that may or may not mean problems. I have thought I've seen the same thing in the past but it looked different this morning.
I'm being intentionally careful with the details, you'll either know what I'm talking about or not.
No matter how much you prepare yourself for something it doesn't always mean much. I'm trying to keep the anxiety about it in check as well by telling myself that one time doesn't mean it's definitely happening. If it happens again tomorrow then I may really start to worry.
What this scare (because that's all it is at the moment) has revealed to me is that no matter how much I think I can control everything that I really have no influence over it.
God is in control of everything and if I am to have a relapse then he will get me through it. Just like he got me through it last time, almost a year ago.
It still isn't easy.

5 comments:

Craig Schwarze said...

I've been praying for you mate

Ray said...

Thanks mate, so far it seems I'm okay. At least, there was no sign of it today

Ruth said...

I am also praying for you Ray.

Ray said...

Just an update. I seem to be fine, there have been no signs the last three days but I've still gone up in tablets just in case. Thanks!

Ruth said...

Glad it seems to be ok. Hope it continues that way.