Monday, July 03, 2006

Spider-Man 3 sneak peek



A couple of hours ago I saw the first trailer for Spider-Man 3 - is it wrong to be excited about a movie that is still 10 months away from release? OK, it's probably not wrong but maybe unfortunate as I can't very well speed up time (the years are going fast enough as it is).

The picture released from the film shows a darker Spider-Man, most likely a reference to the villain (hey, I spelt it right this time) Venom. Comic book nerds will know all about Venom so I won't try to explain him here other than to say it is my understanding that Venom is some kind of spirit that envelops the Spider-Man suit, turning it from red to black.

Like X-Men 3, there's a lot riding on Spider-Man particularly after the wonderful Superman Returns (in case you haven't read my comments - I loved it!) showing that, done correctly, superhero movies can rock. And Spider-Man 2 was awesome.

The trailer didn't tell you an awful lot, other than giving an indication that Venom will be a big part and that Spider-Man must stop him. I believe Sandman is another bad guy (played by Thomas Haden Church from TV's Ned And Stacey and the wonderful film Sideways) but I don't know much about him.

So come May 2007 we'll get a look at Spider-Man 3, I just hope they don't make us wait three years for every sequel to these superhero films.

2 comments:

Stuart B said...

I think I might start reading your blog now too...I left you a comment to your comment, btw.

Planning on seeing U2 if/when they reschedule those Australia shows? I caught them twice last year (5/12 and 9/23), and would more than anything love to see them perform again.

Craig Schwarze said...

Looking forward to that one mate