Saturday, July 15, 2006

About to start reading.....

Man And Boy by Tony Parsons. It was recommended (and loaned) to me by a mate (Tom) from my work. He said that if I liked Nick Hornby books then I'd love this one. Below is a description of what the book's about. Unless you've read it, you know as much as I do at this point:

``Set in London, this is the not-to-be-forgotten saga of Harry Silver, who has it all: a beautiful wife, a wonderful son and a great job in the media. But in one night of infidelity, he throws it all away. His wife leaves to take a chance on a new life, leaving Harry at home with the daunting and exhilarating task of raising his son by himself. How Harry Silver discovers parenthood, learns to love his own father, finds a new love and makes the hardest decision of his thirty-plus years provides the magic and tension of this novel.''

I'm told it's a book that will move and affect me, which I love. Just like seeing a quality film that stays with you once you've watched it. The bar is high on this one...

No comments: