Monday, July 10, 2006

Roaring Lambs - part 1



I'm about to start reading `Roaring Lambs' by Bob Briner. Church is pushing this book as something we all need to read and has been doing so for some time.

Until last night I was a little indifferent (I guess you could say it was one of those things I might get around to at some stage) about reading it but after a conversation with Andrew and Nathan (thanks guys) I decided that this book was one I had to have straight away.

So I left myself a reminder on my mobile to go and buy the book this morning. And I did. I don't really know exactly what to expect. All I know is that these guys said it was a life-changing book in many ways and so I was inspired to read it.

It's interesting that the recommendation on the back of the book, from a guy called William F. Buckley Jr, says `...bound to arrest the attention of the thoughtless Christian and the thoughtful non-Christian.'' I don't think, at this pre-Roaring Lambs stage, that I fall into either category. But that may well change once I finish it. If it's as good as everyone says it is, I'd say there might be some back-pedalling on this page sometime soon. Also, if it is so good and so inspiring (and I'm not doubting that it will be) I'm sure I'll knock it over pretty fast.

So, OK lambs let's hear it....

2 comments:

Craig Schwarze said...

Yeah, I should read it too.

Hey Ray, put a link to this post on 10k, would be of interest to everyone...

Ray said...

Well I'm two chapters in (been a busy week) and it's very interesting....