Friday, November 03, 2006

The top five crap movies I love

This is an interesting concept started over at Urban Stone where the challenge is to name the top five movies that you love but can admit are crap.
Now according to some people I should have many movies to choose from as apparently I see a lot of crap films. Then there's the theory, which sounds better to me, that I don't see crap movies.
You decide for yourself (in no particular order).

1. Dude, Where's My Car? - Two dimwitted guys go on a ridiculous quest for their missing car after a huge night out. With Ashton Kutcher and Sean Willianm Scott as Jesse and Chester this is a really awful film but one which I found so funny I can't tell you. Included are `hot chicks', weird sci-fi geeks, transsexual strippers and gift breast enhancements. I really shouldn't like this film at all but, what can I say - shibby!


2. Dumb And Dumber- Even though Jim Carrey is in this and he has done quality films, this is easily the most ridiculous. Lloyd and Harry go on a cross-country journey to return a suitcase to a woman. That's basically the plot. Like Dude, this a really a dodgy idea but it is brilliantly played and does have many roll in the isles moments. My favourite is the `I'm going to kill you, Lloyd' scene. This is also one of my favourite movies.


3. The Pirate Movie- I love musicals and I really enjoyed this one but it's a very crap film. Kristy McNicol and Christopher Atkins star in this loose remake of the Pirates Of Penzance and it was actually filmed in Australia. The songs are corny, especially Atkins' `How Can I Live Without Her' and the `Happy Ending' bit but I'm a sucker for these type of films. Grease had much more class, as did Chicago and The Producers.


4. I Know What You Did Last Summer - One of the early slasher flicks (I was going to include Scream but have been convinced that it was way too classy) notable for, if nothing else, Jennifer Love Hewitt. A bunch of teens run over a guy on a remote road and leave him for dead by tossing him in the ocean. A year later someone is out to get the foursome, one by one, with a fisherman's slick and a hook as the scary elements. I'm not sure how it holds up now as I haven't watched it in a while. An ordinary film but strangely fun.


5. Spiceworld - yes, it's the Spice Girls movie. It's really, really bad. The movie follows the Spice Girl and their entourage as they go on a quest to become pop stars, or something like that. Meat Loaf is actually in this film as their bus driver. I can't really explain myself here, I guess it's just one of those inexplicable things. I actually own this on video. Go figure.

4 comments:

Ray said...

That's an interesting one, I never saw it myself. I can myself probably liking it, though.

Andrew said...

SPICEWORLD!

SPICEWORLD!!!

SPICEWORLD!!!!!

I must say that I am glad for you that we are saved by grace through faith, 'cause otherwise you'd be in some serious amount of trouble after an admission like that :o

Ray said...

After last night I'd have to add School Of Rock to the list of contenders. It's high on the crap but somehow very funny.

Nixter said...

Dumb and Dumber was a little bit funny. Stupid but a little bit funny.