Saturday, November 11, 2006

Sad day

I was saddened to hear of the death of Belinda Emmett, who was just 32, from cancer.
It shakes you up when you realise that people around your age aren't invicible and that these sort of things do happen. It still doesn't seem real.
I didn't know her but she was a public figure and seemingly a very good person. It's an immense shame that this has happened.

On another gloomy note (gee aren't I full of good news today), my mother is back in hospital from what appears to have been angina.
I won't find out the results of a few tests that she had until tonight but when I spoke to her this morning she seemed in good spirits. I don't like getting late night phone calls with this sort of news but I guess it is better than finding out the next day, which has happened a couple of times. I think she went back to work too quickly after the last time.
Please pray that she recovers well and can relax a bit. And that I can relax a bit, I'm not liking all the stress at the moment.

2 comments:

Lara said...

I hadn't heard about that. It is very sad indeed. I was thinking about her lately, because I hosted a girl's night in to raise money for breast cancer research. We raised about $400, which was fantastic.

Belinda Emmett was diagnosed when she was just 23. It's such a terrible thing to happen to someone so young. I remember an interview with her and Rove a few years back - the cancer had come back, and they were saying that it was just a question of when, not if, it would take her life. I thought it was wonderful that Rove was standing by her.

Craig Schwarze said...

Praying for you Ray...