Thursday, November 02, 2006

Beverly Hills, 90210

My favourite show as a younger person and still the benchmark for the high school drama, despite my love of One Tree Hill, is Beverly Hills 90210.
Go on, admit that you used to watch it!
Well season 1 gets a DVD release today and I'll be heading out to get a copy later today. I can't wait to get back into it. The void of decent TV actually on TV will no longer be there.
I always thought 90210 was unparalelled for about the first six seasons until Shannen Doherty left, then it started a downhill slide. But up until then it was compulsory viewing and you didn't care that they in no way looked like teenagers (particularly Luke Perry).

Also out today is `The Diva: A champion becomes a legend', the story of three time Melbourne Cup winner Makybe Diva. Out just in time for Cup week.

1 comment:

Ray said...

I've almost watched all the first series now and it's great. Some of the guest stars are wicked. Matthew Perry was in one and he was great. Still kind of like Chandler (even though this was pre-Friends) just a bit more serious. Bring on season 2.