Friday, December 08, 2006

This time it's official...

I really have a new job!
Starting Monday I have been given the assent to switch over and work on Sportsman, a newspaper devoted entirely to horse racing. (The website won't have been updated with me on it). This is what I wrote back in September when I was initially told I could do it before they changed their minds.
While I do have some trepidation about the early start the positives are an early finish and the return of a conventional weekend. I think (and hope) the early start will get easier as I get used to it. Plus, I was told a while back that all the world's great thinkers were early risers.
Regarding what I said yesterday about getting what you wish for, that I think was a knee-jerk reaction. I've wanted to make the switch for a while and I shouldn't backflip just because I have doubts. Who knows, change is supposed to be a good thing with new challenges.
Anyway, here goes!

2 comments:

RodeoClown said...

Congratulations!

And if you've got your weekends back, maybe I'll be able to meet you at the next 5/10k Board Games day (assuming it's on a weekend)!

Early starts are much better than late finishing. I start work at 8am (and so have to leave home at 6am), but it means I have some night time.

Ray said...

Yeah there are plenty of positives to having weekends back. I'll just have to get used to the early starts, doesn't halp when you've been off work for three weeks either.