Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The big test

All right, so here's how it is.
I'm well over 90 per cent confident that I am experiencing a relapse, or flare, of the thing I've spent the last year and a half being intensely afraid of.
It has crept up on me a bit though, as some may now I have suspected it to be responsible for some of the tough times recently. It seems the spark, or trigger, of it was the meltdown (or whatever the heck it was) of about a month ago which caused me to take the sick leave.
So now the battle begins properly to try and beat it back into submission. Like everything else there is no quick fix, unfortunately.
I've managed to work the last two days which has been good and the new position is far less stressful than the previous one so long term it is looking pretty promising. Short-term of course this recurrence couldn't have come at a worse time.
As you would be aware it is just shy of Christmas and people have holidays planned and if I'm not there as well that causes more problems. I'm getting ahead of myself of course, as I fully plan to be there tomorrow unless I feel about the same as I do now (which on one hand isn't too bad apart from the semi-regular growling sessions my stomach has and a few other little things). At the start of the day I felt okay but have slid a bit as the day has gone on.
What can you do? Please pray, not only for the illness but for my state of mind, which takes a battering at times like this. I think I'm doing everything I possibly can to help calm the condition but since there has always been a level of anxiety about this it makes it harder.

4 comments:

Craig Schwarze said...

Praying mate - give me a call if you need anything.

Ray said...

Thanks Craig. The main thing is to make sure I keep busy (within reason of course) so I don't dwell on it too much.

Alison said...

Hey Ray, praying for you.

Chelsea Taylor said...

I obviously dont know the details ray but i am praying to our loving gracious God too.