Thursday, December 21, 2006

The dilemma

I have a decision to make in the next 24 hours (or just under) and it's not really a huge one in the scheme of things but at the same time I have mixed thoughts about it.
After speaking to the boss this afternoon (I've been working from home most of the week) he has said that if I want some more time off work I should say so tomorrow.
They'd rather me be able to be there full-time as opposed to being in and out like in the past two weeks. And that's fair enough, while I'm appreciative about being able to keep myself occupied at home if I'm going to work I'd rather be there.
Things have improved in the last two days, I'm not ready to leap tall buildings or anything but the signs have been promising. I'd say the next week will be the most telling.
So I have the likely option of saying `give me X amount of time off to recover properly' (it's hard to rest and relax when you're working even at home) or committing to coming back next week but potentially struggling on a daily basis.
The problem is there are no guarantees as far as time of recovery goes.
The smart and probably obvious thing to do is take some time off so work can know what's going on and allow for it.

No comments: