Thursday, December 14, 2006

Disappointing

So far so good in the new job (aside from the issue I previously posted on) but I learned some disappointing news today.
I kind of already suspected it. Anyway, some people from my work aren't exactly happy that I have switched jobs. I still work for the same company and at a desk about 10m from my old one.
The feeling is that I have abandoned them and am not a team player. It's not like I went to the competition. It's kind of laughable in a way and disappointing in another.
I signalled several months ago, publicly, that I wanted to make a change and no-one really objected. I'm not overly surprised at the reaction but, since I have been with the company for six years I would have thought they knew me well enough to know my reasons for doing it.
Bottom line, the job is intended to be a bit easier on me. And at the end of the day if work is affecting your health then you have to decide what comes first.
I really enjoy what I do but I know what must come first.
Tonight I went out for a while to celebrate the birthday of Jono, or Mr Urban Stone, who today realised he was not the son of God as he made it to 34! Congratulations.

No comments: