Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The whole Tooth

I lost another tooth today. It's amazing how large those things are, they're like icebergs.
It's all very uncomfortable at the moment. The bleeding has eased off but there's still a lot of residual blood lying around which I'm told may take a day or two to clear.
Eating is a bit of a challenge and I'm pretty sure soup will be on the menu for tonight.
I'm told it's all for the greater good so hopefully things can return to somewhat normal function quickly.

On a related topic, I seem to be highly unprepared, as I mentioned a while ago, for when trials come. I've known about this one for a while and yet I just want it to go away. I really want all of them to go away for a bit, give me a break.
If it's not one thing it seems to be something else. It's tiring and makes it difficult to persevere, even though I know it's only temporary.
I was told by the dentist that the extraction went very well and there didn't appear to be any sign of something going wrong. It just takes time to heal.
Next week I head off to get all sorts of moulds done on my teeth in preparation for the orthodontic work which will require more extractions - yay!

4 comments:

Brant W. Fowler said...

Ouch, I know how that feels, man. A few years ago I had oral surgery where they removed six teeth, all four wisdoms and two other molars that were pretty much gone. I was in a lot of pain for a week or two and doped up!

The strange thing is before that surgery I had a very high tolerance for pain medication. It would take countless shots to numb me and advil and tylenol didn't touch me. After that morphine drip I've never been the same. Now advil makes me dizzy. lol.

Anyway, I'm curious about what's going on with your teeth. Why so many extractions and stuff?

And yeah, I know what you mean about all the trials and it being hard to persevere. I wish deeply that all mine would take a vacation also.

Ray said...

I have some bad crowding in the teeth department and it has been recommended that I take steps to fix it or it could become a bigger problem down the track.
Today has gone much better than yesterday, just some minor pain from the tooth next to the big hole so hopefully that will go away soon.

Brant W. Fowler said...

Ok, cool. I was just wondering if it was more serious than that. Mine was. Glad it's feeling better.

Brant W. Fowler said...

Not to say it's not serious, lol. Just thought maybe you had something going on besides the crowding. :)