Saturday, October 14, 2006

Beautiful Awkward Pictures

Toni Collette can sing!
Granted I have only heard the couple of songs on her single `Beautiful Awkward Pictures' but I was highly skeptical going in. Actors turned singers are hit and miss at best.
I like what I hear.
It's not mind blowing music but really nice to listen to, kind of bittersweet and seemingly the type of music you would put on when you want to relax and reflect. A bit like what he means when John Cusack says on High Fidelity ``I just want to listen to something I can ignore''. I'm not saying ignore this but it's great background music from what I can tell. And I like that kind of thing.
Worth checking out.
There are samples at the Toni Collette And The Finish website.

2 comments:

Chelsea Taylor said...

wow! I had no idea she could sing either! But i really like!

And i have to say i love some of the photos of her and the band in their gallery too!

Chelsea Taylor said...

in case you wanna see them live, they have an album launch on the 9th of November at the Basement...