Monday, October 02, 2006

Life Lessons From Cancer

Quite a moving article from this month's Southern Cross on one woman's battle with cancer, her struggle to shield her children and facing your own mortality.

I don't really need too much reminding about such issues but it really was something reading about how this woman has coped, and importantly survived.
I am reminded of last night's sermon from 1 Peter 1:13-25, following on from last week's discussion about trials. Last night we were challenged to be ready when trials come.
To be prepared.
I certainly wasn't prepared, mentally, for my trials of the last 18 months or so. I think that would be pretty obvious to just about anyone who knows me.
Another thing that is clear is that I am still not mentally prepared, so last night's jolt couldn't be more timely. I don't think it is stretching the imagination too much to say that I am firmly entrenched in denial.
While I understand a lot more about what's going on under my skin, mentally and emotionally (if those two things can be separated) I am running somewhat scared.
I'll quickly say that getting a hold of things is easier said than done but that is no excuse, it must be done.

No comments: