Saturday, October 28, 2006

Powerless

From a distance everything is calculated, smoothe
Look closer
But not too close
What don't you see, what don't you hear
The journey is long and uneasy
The road is short
The steps are many
The feet tire easily
Not just the feet
It's not about will or desire
It's not about truth or lies
It's about power
Confusion, misunderstanding, denial
Assumptions, pressures, failings
Some mine, some not
Some cut deep, some barely scratch
Don't ask, don't tell
Don't worry, be happy
Don't lose control
I'm not in control
I don't know what I'm doing
I don't know who you are
I don't know what is next
Beginnings and endings
Stuck in the middle
Stuck in a circle
It's vicious
It's dictating
It's not that powerful
I have the power
I have some power
I'm powerless

No comments: