Saturday, September 30, 2006

Season 4

Meanwhile, in the USA, season 4 of One Tree Hill has premiered while I am awaiting the arrival from the States of the third season on DVD.
It's really hard not to read up on what has happened. Having only seen five episodes of season 3 (of 22 or 23) it would be unfair of me to read ahead and cost myself the experience of the drama, comedy and interesting storylines that are surely ahead, based on what I have seen.
The big question will be, how many more seasons will there be?
I'm a big fan of TV shows ending before they start to go downhill. So far with OTH the bar has been raised each year (based on what I can tell from season 3). The characters are well established and once that has been achieved they can be taken to all sorts of interesting places.
I won't bother bagging Channel 10 (which has the rights here) for their lack of interest in this show. Basically if it isn't reality TV or The Simpsons, 10 aren't interested in giving it a go.
It's a shame because they have both One Tree Hill and Veronica Mars and have butchered both of them. I'd say I'll own season 4 on DVD before the third hits TV here.
Hopefully, in a week or so, season 3 will arrive on my doorstep and I will again be engrossed in the lives of the people of Tree Hill.

2 comments:

Brant W. Fowler said...

I started watching this show with season 3 as well. I think you'll really like the cliffhanger at the end of the season.

I watched the first episode of this season, and it delivered a bit, but I don't think it'll last past this current season honestly. I won't say anymore so I don't ruin it for you.

Ray said...

Yeah, as I said I'm a big fan of shows not going on for the sake of it. So I won't be upset in season 4 is the last.