Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Fray - live

Last night I had the pleasure of catching the US band The Fray in concert at the Gaelic Club.
Thanks to work for the free tickets, but I would have paid to see them anyway. A couple of weeks ago I bought their CD How To Save A Life and it was great to see how that translated into a live show.
They threw in a couple of covers, such as the Beatles' Eleanor Rigby and You've Got A Friend In Me, which I believe was on the Toy Story soundtrack and sung by Randy Newman. Interesting. Another innovative thing was how they spliced their own songs with some well known ones, like going into `Look After You' with a chorus of We Will Rock You, the Queen classic.
My first concert in a couple of years was an excellent experience and the venue, though a shade small, wasn't bad either.

No comments: