Saturday, September 23, 2006

Breaking the silence

A week is a long time, so they say, but this one has gone fast and in somewhat of a blur due to an oversupply of work.
Without going into it too much, we've had an absentee in the office and I ended up doing all of his work. It's something (his work) I hope to be able to do more of, so in one way I wasn't minding doing the extra stuff because it proved to everyone that I was capable of filling that hole should it become available in the future.
Away from work, I had another trip to the dentist this week (bring on the Medicare coverage for that!) and it appears Orthodontics is the next step. Interesting.
In disappointing news, I was unable to secure tickets to the John Mayer concert here in November as they were sold out in five minutes. I'm told another show will be added so I'll just have to try harder (and faster) next time. I guess I was a shade naive in thinking that it wouldn't sell out in such a short time.
I'm heading out to Rosehill Gardens today for the races, we have a corporate box with an awesome view and with about 30 degrees expected it looks like being an awesome day. Hopefully I can pick a few winners.

No comments: