Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Job update

This is the latest with what is happening with the new job.
It will be on hold until the spring carnival is finished, by the looks of it, with a swap occurring in a couple of months time.
I'm reasonably OK with this as we have some major things happening this month and me leaving my position would be inconvenient. I just wish they'd told me this straight up.
It would be very different if I was leaving the company all together instead of moving sideways.
So the good news is it is happening, just exactly when it is happening remains to be confirmed. I'm told there is some big meeting today and that we'll know more then.

1 comment:

Chelsea Taylor said...

I read an article in Inside Film today about 2:37. Very interesting stuff. Have you heard the story of the filmmaker and the background to the film?
Anyway, in the article the filmmaker said he wanted teenagers to see it and be challenged and changed by it - that he included most details of the suicide and in real time so that people would not use it for copycat suicides, but rahter they would watch it and see the pain and suffering and results for the 'victim'.
Good point i think. So there you go, it is definately a shame that because of classifications/restrictions the people who should be seeing it, and whom the filmmaker intended to see it, will not be able to!
Frustrating!

(it just reminded me of your comment u made a few posts ago...still havent seen the film tho...get there soon i hope)