Monday, September 25, 2006

Memory Lane

Somewhat inspired by Craig's `retro songs' posts, I present the music I was listening to at this time in 1996, and also in 2001.
(How do you know what you were listening to then, you might ask. Well, for many years now I have been keeping my own music charts. It's been a good way of keeping up with the music of the day. It is getting more difficult now because the music isn't as good as it used to be.)

So, on the week ending 28 September 1996, my top 10 were as follows (bear in mind this is potentially very embarassing).
1 - I Live For You-Chynna Phillips
2 - I'll Be There For You-The Rembrandts
3 - You're Makin' Me High-Toni Braxton
4 - I Want You-Savage Garden
5 - Closer To Free-Bodeans
6 - Macarena-Los Del Rio
7 - Not An Addict-K's Choice
8 - Se A Vida E (That's The Way Life Is)-Pet Shop Boys
9 - Independent Love Song-Scarlet
10 - Forgiven Not Forgotten-The Corrs

And, on the week ending 29 September 2001:
1 - Can't Get You Out Of My Head-Kylie Minogue
2 - All Rise-Blue
3 - Hanging By A Moment-Lifehouse
4 - Out Of Reach-Gabrielle
5 - Don't Stop Movin'-S Club 7
6 - Real Sugar-Roxette
7 - Starlight-The Supermen Lovers
8 - Drops Of Jupiter-Train
9 - Let's Dance-Five
10 - U Remind Me-Usher

2 comments:

Craig Schwarze said...

"Closer to Free" is a great song...

Ray said...

Ah yea, the theme from Party Of Five. You know, I don't remember how a few of those songs actually go!