Sunday, March 02, 2008

Touch My Body

No, it's not an invitation.
It's Mariah Carey's new song, Touch My Body, and it isn't bad.
As a long time fan (I have all her albums and have seen her in concert) I have to say that she is a great singer but whoever is advising her really ought to tell her to put some clothes back on.
I always found her more appealing back in the `wholesome' days where she always looked stunning but managed not to flash everything for the world to see. It may well be too late to go back now, having already sold the farm as it were, but I really don't see the need to be half naked in video clips.
Her songs are very good, mostly, and she didn't need to strip to be successful earlier on. For someone who has always professed a faith, and quite a few of her songs reflect that, it seems a bit hypocritical to be flaunting herself.
Concentrate on the music Mariah, that's my view. She's a beautiful woman and she shouldn't be degrading herself like she is.
My favourite Mariah songs are Hero, My Saving Grace, We Belong Together, Close My Eyes, Through The Rain, Make It Happen, Anytime You Need A Friend and Music Box.

No comments: