Wednesday, March 26, 2008

In the city

It turned out a great last day before work resumes.
I spent most of it in the great city area of Sydney, wandering around and observing the place. Kind of like a tourist, even though I have been there many a time, as when I am in the city it is usually for a purpose and not just for recreation.
Actually I did have a purpose. I had my acupuncture appointment but I got into town a couple of hours before so I could have a browse, pick up a DVD of Into The Wild as it was released today, and just enjoy Sydney on a sunny, pleasant autumn day.
I must do that more often. I didn't in the end head down to the water, to the Quay, but the city isn't bad in the middle of the day, there's plenty to see, always a busker or some other kind of street clutter to catch your eye.
The walk from Central station is a good one, about 20 minutes along George Street to where I needed to get to (that's normally) but I took a different path today and browsed in a comic book store, walked through the Pitt Street mall (haven't been there in ages) and had lunch at the QVB.
So I can happily say I ended my break with a top day. Shame I have to go back to work tomorrow but that isn't all bad as I really like my job.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You make me miss Sydney! I have been there only once!