Sunday, May 31, 2009

Reboot

It's great to say this. Tonight I went along to church and had an awesome time.
I decided to take up an invitation from a friend to come along to his church and it was a positive experience.
For whatever reason the topic of going to church has been a touchy one, I get this intense feeling that I don't want to go quite often. It's the same feeling I get when I'm uncomfortable somewhere and want to leave.
I found the sermon quite clear and accessible and not too long. Having sin explained in terms of Me First was novel but made the point nicely. The music was pretty good, not Hillsong quality but you don't expect that, and I knew a few of the songs. Because of that I had a flashback or two to my Annandale days, but a good song is a good song no matter where it is sung!
I'm not sure where all this will head just yet. I may go back to that church again but it was important to have had a good experience, to reboot things.
The week certainly has been an interesting one. From family reunions at my aunt's funeral (I think everyone's heart broke when my seven-year-old nephew placed a flower on the coffin), reminiscing about my uni times when I drove past it on my way and trying to make sense of what's going on at work.
Who knows what this week will bring?

No comments: