Sunday, May 03, 2009

Unstoppable

After one listen (as is my custom when reviewing CDs) I can confidently say Rascal Flatts are back in form.
Their sixth CD, Unstoppable, is a shade ballad-ish but that isn't necessarily a negative.
I suppose it is hard to follow up such an awesome album like Me & My Gang and I think that was the problem with Still Feels Good, it was okay but that's about it.
Unstoppable, in many ways, is typical Flatts with stories told or remembered of lost love and regret. But then again that is country music.
Clearly the standout track is the title track Unstoppable. It gave me chills when listening to it for the first time (I replayed it a few times later on which is always a sign I like a song heaps).
Maybe the reason I like this one so much is that while it is about lost love, it's positive as well.
`Keep on believing don't give in, it'll come and make you whole again, it always will it always does, love is unstoppable'.
Other songs that stand out are Close, Holdin' On and Once plus the fun Summer Nights (no it isn't a Grease cover).
I'm pretty happy with this CD and it will get a high rotation in the coming week. Also hoping that the Flatts make good on their intention to come down under, it'd be awesome to see them live.

No comments: