Monday, May 04, 2009

Body balance

Most of us aren't used to stretching in ways illustrated by pilates and the like.
Tonight I attended a class called body balance, which was a mixture of pilates, yoga and stretching but with also an emphasis on relaxation.
I must admit I was rather negative about it before tonight, having been pestered into going, but I have to say that it was pretty great.
That's despite being a rank amateur. I'm sure I stood right out in my red shirt (won't be going so bright next time) and with my occasionally uncoordinated movement.
I also sweated heaps so that probably means it was doing some good. Afterwards I certainly polished off a bottle of water fairly nicely!
It's now a few hours since the class finished and I feel fairly good, though the body knows it's been through a workout.
So it was a pleasant surprise.
On a sad note, my dad's aunt died yesterday of cancer. It's amazing how quickly it has happened.
I remember seeing her at Christmas and she was pretty good, in fact I don't think it was known then that she had it. She was a lovely lady, she used to live next door to my grandmother and was quite an active person.
I do know she was a fairly strong churchgoer and that's great.

No comments: