Saturday, February 28, 2009

Demolition

It's hard to believe it has been about nine months since the family house burned down but now there is progress on the site.
Demolition crews arrived on Thursday and the old house is no more, making way for a new one to be built. My mum was a bit sad about the place coming down, myself I'm not so attached, but I did point out that it was a worse day when it burned.
Also, I think they will benefit greatly from having something a bit more modern and something they can build to suit them now.
They're telling us that July is the time the new house will be finished.
You'd probably have to allow another month or so for weather interruptions but it will be interesting to see what it looks like when complete.
The pictures are a before and after of the demolition.
Well, sort of a shortly after starting the job (I thought the ominous positioning of the bulldozer was a good effect) and pretty much done shots.

No comments: