Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Be still

Somewhat inspired by driving past my previous church a few days ago I decided to actually go to church on Sunday near my place.
I'd been there a few times before so I wasn't a complete stranger and had a friend who goes there to meet up with. The service still takes getting used to but the style is accessible and that's great if you're not a regular.
A couple of things struck me from the sermon and the general feel of the meeting.
The first was about being still on the inside. I found this very interesting and relevant because a lot of the time I don't feel that there is stillness underneath me.
The second was about growth, personal growth through spiritual growth.
So I guess it was timely making a visit to that church. You get the feeling you've heard messages that you needed to hear, or that God was wanting you to hear.
I haven't made a firm commitment to go back straight away but I possibly will soon. I don't get the feeling that this church is suitable long term but that's not something you can know after one visit.
I settled on my next trip to Melbourne and that's taking place in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to it again and this time around I am going to keep my long term well being in mind and make sure I don't overdo it like last time. Not saying I didn't enjoy last time but it definitely contributed to some unpleasantness last week.
The other thing worth mentioning is that my parents' new house will be built shortly and they expect to move back in mid-year.

No comments: