Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Decision time

When I was in Melbourne I decided to see how things went with reducing some medication as it had been suggested to me to try it again a while back. I'd had one failed attempt after I went down too much in one hit last year.
The problem is that on Monday when I woke up I felt the same as I did that time before when I'd reduced too much. This time I'd only gone down a small increment and had no side effects for over a week until now. So I've got to decide whether or not to tough it out and see how I adjust (because it isn't fun to feel tired and headachey most of the time) or just return to my previous dose.
As much as I'd love to not have to use this medication it seems to do the job pretty well.
It may be drawing a long bow but in perspective this isn't a massive issue when you see what's going on in Victoria with the fires destroying towns and devastating people's lives.
Maybe I need to put up with a bit of discomfort for a few days while the body adjusts. The cooler weather has been great for getting good nights of sleep, it's amazing that on the weekend it was around 40 degrees and now it's half that and I had to get my doona out this morning because I was cold.
I guess the main question is do I put up with it for a while and see what happens or return to the comfortable level. I feel like I've made plenty of progress in the last few months and I know the decision to reduce was made in the middle of a high point in the steps I've been taking. Was it too fast?

No comments: