Saturday, February 07, 2009

Continuity

One of the strange things about me is that I hate it when there is no continuity with things I collect.
For example, today I bought the new CD by The Fray. Now normally I would just grab it and head straight to the counter. I saw the packaging and it wasn't the standard CD pack like the billions of others in the world. It was some kind of thin packaging and I thought twice about buying it.
More than twice actually. I went to four other stores in the shopping centre to see if they had the traditional CD pack. They didn't so I reluctantly bought it. I'm now going to try and cut up the cardboard and fashion it into the normal CD style.
It's the same thing when they released Wall-E on DVD. The packaging was not the usual DVD style so I'd have every other Pixar movie in the traditional style and one that is different. Anyway I found a copy of it in the normal style and quickly nabbed it. So that crisis was averted. A similar thing happened with season 5 or 6 of the Simpsons when they decided to put the DVDs in a character head pack not the standard box. It caused such an uproar on the net that Fox now release both a head pack and a box version when they release a season. So they should.
Don't these companies know that the essence of collecting things is continuity? I know I'm not the only one who has this quirk, and it really gets to me when they do this.

No comments: