Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sad songs

The Zombie has compiled a list of his `favourite' break-up songs. It's true that when something bad happens - a break-up, disappointment, whatever - we turn to music to soothe ourselves or to help us wallow for a while.
Having not had a lot of break-ups (through lack of relationships, which is a bad and a good thing) I'm listing a few songs I turn to when I need comfort.

I Want To Know What Love Is-Foreigner
We Belong Together-Mariah Carey
Losing My Religion-REM
Crash And Burn-Savage Garden
Not Myself-John Mayer
The Freshmen-The Verve Pipe
All I Want Is Everything-Def Leppard
I Stay In Love-Mariah Carey
I Need You Tonight-Backstreet Boys
Where Are You Now?-Roxus
Painless-Baby Animals
Spending My Time-Roxette
Unlovable-Darren Hayes
The Other Side-1927

I could go on for a while, it really depends on what I feel like at the time. I think the thing about listening to sad songs is that once you've got it out of your system you actually feel better.

No comments: