Friday, December 05, 2008

A well earned break

There is something really satisfying about leaving work on the last day before you start holidays.
Happily I had that experience today.
A couple of weeks off really isn't enough but considering I will have a three day week then Christmas when I get back it's not too bad.
My plans for tonight were changed at about the 10th hour and it's one of those things that I didn't mind because it involved a family issue with my mate. I was invited to a barbecue by the housemate but elected to stay in, mainly because I feel like I'd rather not have a big night and I'd have to go in a separate car. I'd definitely be wanting to leave earlier.
So I think I'll just cruise around for a few days before I head out of this metropolis for a while. There's something about the country that is so refreshing. Everything is so simple, travel time isn't a consideration and it's not as cluttered. People are generally pretty nice (not that there aren't nice people in Sydney but have you ever had a decent conversation with someone on the train or bus? I'm betting not).
As usual breaks tend to go fast but I shouldn't get ahead of myself just yet.

No comments: