Sunday, December 07, 2008

Deconstruction

If you are a keen observer you would have noticed a subtle change - yes, I've dragged this blog into the 21st century and upgraded. Though I have to say it doesn't look significantly different.
What has changed is the addition of a soundtrack and I call it that because the songs are chosen deliberately as a reflection of, to an extent, my taste in music but moreso the songs that I turn to when I need a lift, comfort or reflection.
You might learn a bit about me from the selection there.

I have caught up with the latest series of Heroes in the last few days having missed the last TV episode here this week. Still enjoying it though I wonder where it is going. Also got into the new series of The IT Crowd and it is as funny as ever. In fact a few of the funniest scenes in the 15 episodes so far have been in the last two. If you haven't seen it do yourself a favour and seek it out.

I turned down an invite tonight from my housemate to go to a barbecue for dinner based on a conversation we had a few nights ago. I guess it had been coming, but I could never have guessed the direction it came from. To explain. There's something I do that I don't really think about a lot (an automatic behaviour) that has at times annoyed him. Sometimes I know it does and it's great to have a button to press if needed. Given we've known each other for the best part of 10 years it came as a surprise to find out he questions my intentions for doing it. Now, to be a bit clearer, I'm one of those hands on people when it comes to my friends. A tap on the shoulder, pat on the back, those kinds of things. So I didn't go tonight to give him a bit of space, even though I think the conversation was a positive one and an opportunity to reassure him (though I don't think all the issue is with me but a bit being early 30s and single). Am I over-analyzing this?

A different friend asked me yesterday what I was doing with church and it is a question I still baulk at a bit. I don't want to lie about it, but the simple fact is I am not going to a church at the moment. I intend to but something about it just makes me feel uncomfortable. I bought a new CD this week from a Christian band called Rush Of Fools, their second album after a self-titled one came out last year and was very good. This new one isn't as instantly likable but is growing on me.

No comments: