Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ben Cousins

I am not a massive AFL (Aussie Rules) fan but I do believe that Ben Cousins does deserve a second chance.
OK, I do follow it a bit but I am more into rugby league, being from NSW.
Today Richmond gave him that chance to put behind him his drug addiction and get back to playing football. Apparently he is a very good footballer, a Brownlow medallist, but you wouldn't know it after the circus he's been involved in with his arrest and admission of drug problems in the recent past.
I believe people deserve a second chance so I have no problem with Ben returning to play AFL next season. But he only gets ONE chance, if it was up to me. If he in any way returns to the old ways that got him in trouble it's out the door. You can't blame the media because Ben is, what, 30-odd and old enough to be responsible for his own future.
I'm sure that's the way most people will see his case.

No comments: