Monday, December 29, 2008

Duh moment

Today would have been nothing particularly special had it not been for my stupidest act of 2008.
My sister is in town and I gave her my keys so she could get in and out of the house etc and took my spare car key with me.
As usual when I arrived at work I put a steering wheel lock on and went off for the day. When I arrived back at my car, and stepped in, I realised I didn't have the key to the wheel lock. D'Oh!
I called the road service and they told me they weren't allowed to break it in case the air bag went off as they are liable if it does. So I had to convince my sister to drive into the city with my keys so I could retrieve my car.
This wouldn't be a problem if she knew her way around Sydney. I had to direct most of the way and she still got lost twice.
Long story short she eventually made it and I got my car home, feeling a shade silly. Not sure if I'm repeating the dose tomorrow but I have found my spare wheel lock key and have attached it to my car key.
I did try to force the wheel lock off but it just kept causing the horn to go off time after time and I thought it was a bit suspicious if that kept happening. So there we have it, my clanger of 2008 with only two days remaining.

No comments: