Saturday, December 20, 2008

Meh

My new favourite word.
Of course it has been popularised by The Simpsons in the episode Hungry Hungry Homer where Homer tries to get Bart and Lisa to go to a theme park an they reply with `meh'.
When Homer tries again Lisa says, `we said Meh. M-E-H, meh.''
Since then it has been officially recognised as a word, meaning an expression of boredom or apathy.
It also popped up in one of my favourite shows at the moment, The I.T. Crowd, when Roy wears a t-shirt with the word on it.
Just as an aside, that Simpsons episode also contains another scene that I love, where Homer wakes up in a Peanuts pose on top of the dog kennel. Bart comes out and says he could hear him yelling at the swing. Homer replies, with a dejected look, `but I love the swing'. Yeah, I know what you're going to say. Meh.

No comments: