Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas recap

It's been a few days and I largely stayed away from email and other computer technology for them. Now to get up to speed.
On Wednesday after a rather short day of work and several hours of doing not much I flew home for Christmas, the first time I'd been there for eight years as I've normally had to work Boxing Day which rules out any visits.
I had some trepidation about the flight and to some the reason would be obvious. I wasn't nervous about flying as such as I have done that a number of times before including once to the USA. Anyway the flight went without any hitches and was only a 40 minute trip in the air anyway.
The whole unwrapping presents ordeal takes on a different meaning when there is a child involved and with an eager seven-year-old distributing presents at record pace it was quite a blur. For the record I received Mad About You season 2 and It's A Wonderful Life on DVD, the book Eclipse (from the Twilight series), a bathrobe, a business shirt and some casual clothes.
We had Christmas lunch at my aunt's place as is the norm and after eating settled in for some serious Singstar sessions including the classics How To Save A Life by The Fray and Alone by Heart duly butchered by myself.
The other couple of days away were your standard and were taken up a lot by watching the horse racing, cricket and my nephew tormenting the cats.
The drive back to Sydney was uneventful except for the consistent and not as annoying as I thought it would be inquiries of essentially `are we there yet' from the back seat. The young guy is staying in town for a couple of weeks with his dad before going back home.
So there's an abridged version of the last few days. A good Christmas, a milestone achieved and a reasonably relaxing time. Hope yours was good too.

No comments: