Friday, January 23, 2009

Pushing the comfort zone

I live in a world that is predictable, to an extent, manageable and largely comfortable (relatively speaking) and I am preparing to, in a small way, step out of that comfort zone.
Next weekend I have a short trip away planned. It's really only 36 hours but it is to a place that is largely foreign to me (I've been there once, about 9 years ago).
That's the whole point though. To go somewhere that will stretch me a bit. As much as I, in some way, enjoy my world I have long craved to snap out of the patterns of the last couple of years.
There's a longish story behind it so if you want to know then ask and I will tell you.
But I have been working up to doing this for a while, and I've been keen to go south for a while as well (a longer while) and after Christmas I decided I should do it.
After a day or so of changing my mind, or trying to talk myself out of it a bit, I locked in the trip, booked accommodation and flights and now we're set.
I really can't wait for this flying visit, it's exciting and there are a few places I plan to go that I have always wanted to see.
I'll explain fully when I get back but I couldn't hold it in any longer.
Look at me, I'm growing!

1 comment:

Brant W. Fowler said...

Good for you, Ray. Have fun on your trip, man.

Last year was the first year I had gotten away in about 5, and I had the best year last year because of the trips I took. You need this, man. Enjoy it!