Monday, January 12, 2009

From the vault

It's amazing when you a hear a song how it brings back memories or takes you to a different time in your life. While I'm not going to go into detail, as I can only write so much, I've had that experience in the past week or so.
Just after Christmas I bought myself an iTunes card and started to download songs to my computer (I'm always playing music when I'm sitting here typing or surfing) and it is funny that most of them have been blasts from the past. Those old songs I don't have in the CD collection for whatever reason.

Here's a rundown of what I've added lately:
Take On Me-a ha
You Found Me-The Fray
The Prayer-Andrea Bocelli & Celine Dion
Emotion-Bee Gees
Alone-Heart
Drive-The Cars
No Myth-Michael Penn
No Good-Kate Voegele
When Tomorrow Comes-Eurythmics
I Can Dream About You-Dan Hartman
Lean On Me-Club Nouveau
Get Used To It-Roger Voudouris
Don't Hold Back Your Love-Daryl Braithwaite
Drop The Pilot-Joan Armatrading

It's quite an eclectic mix of old and new songs but that's my taste. I like all sorts of songs but, I have to admit, the ones that are emotion-driven seem to speak the loudest to me.
Who knows what I'll remember and add next....

No comments: