Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Touch Me I'm Going To Scream

The long awaited season 6 premiere of One Tree Hill, Touch Me I'm Going To Scream, wasn't as mind blowing as I was hoping but nonetheless a great start.
We pick up (spoiler alert) with Lucas daydreaming about the three women he could have proposed to at the end of last season. Then we find out he called Peyton.
A tad predictable and their storyline was way too mushy for my liking. Perhaps that means something is about to go wrong.
You've just got to love Brooke. Her battles with her mother (a brilliant Daphne Zuniga) are promising, I just hope they write the little girl out of Brooke and make her a tad tougher. Just my notes.
Elsewhere, Skills is still on with Nathan's mother and that's the comic relief. And it appears Nathan's comeback to basketball may be short lived.
Dan was hit by a car at the end of the last season and it turns out it was the evil nanny Carrie. I hope this one doesn't drag on too much, it's interesting because of their back story but I feel it is going to outstay its usefulness.
I'm being a tad critical here given the brilliance of season 5. This is a tough year for One Tree Hill because of the five year time gap between four and five not allowing as much reinvention.
I feel this should be the last season and I really want it to go out on a high because it really is in a class of its own.
A good start, but we all know what they are capable of. So lets see it.

No comments: